Monday, December 2, 2013

Story Board

For my digital story I plan on making a comic about how cell phone addiction is bad for society in todays world. As I stated in my proposal I want to make a presentation out of it using a comic and prezi. I will be using pixton for this because I believe it is the best way to express my story because I have tried pow toon and it seems difficult to produce a story on it because it is hard to illustrate characters on it, but pixton seems to be a lot easier and I will be able to make a better story based on what my initial proposal was. Basically I will embed the comic into my presentation and explain what is going on in the story and use it to help aid what I am saying in the presentation. I tried making a pow toon video on my story but it proved to be difficult to illustrate what I am trying to accomplish with my digital story. I am still on the fence about making a photo peach because the story I am trying to tell is based on cell phone addiction and not on a bunch of imaged that I can make into a video.

I also want to include this video in my prezi which really exemplifies the point I want to make about how we are all too tuned into our smartphones and not paying attention to reality.



I really want to include in my story how cell phone addiction is a real problem and how we can combat it through different ways.

So for the final part of my story I plan to
1. Present it using a prezi and the research I found bringing in facts on cell phone addiction. The goal is to give my audience a greater understanding of cell phone addiction and help them understand why too much screen time is a bad thing.
2. Include the comic I have made (or maybe a few more into the story)
3. It will be an informative presentation on modern day cell phone addiction and why it is bad for our society to have this problem.
4. The main applications used will be pixton and prezi, and I am still deciding on a photo peach or not.
5. The object of the story that I plan on doing this on is a person who is ignored because people are constantly on their phones all plugged into the internet. The story in the presentation I plan on illustrating involves the main character getting so sick of people being constantly on their phones that he eventually puts everyone into cell phone rehab (which is now a real thing, according to one of the articles that I read and put in my literature review.)

Here is a rough outline of what my comic will look like in the presentation:

No comments:

Post a Comment